plentyShop PWA, a revolution
Optimised workflow and improved performance
Your virtual shop window.
The new online shop by plentysystems.
And your e-commerce goes into overdrive.
Based on the popular e-commerce framework Vue Storefront, plentyShop PWA offers great performance out of the box. And getting started couldn’t be easier: all it takes is a couple clicks or – if you’re an agency – a single command to get up and running.
Once you’re set up, you benefit from a headless progressive web app that still seamlessly integrates with the rest of plentysystems.
- Initial release for anyone with development experience
- Easy customisation thanks to components provided by Vue Storefront UI
- Quickly verify changes in your local development environment
The world is waiting for you. So what are you waiting for?
Progressive web apps
Fast, device independent, and highly customisable.
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are websites that offer functionality you typically only find in local apps:
- Home screen icon; full-screen app without visible browser
- Different operating systems may provide additional functionality
- Customers can view products even when they're offline or have a bad connection
- No significant delay in load times
- One app for all devices
- Easy to use in the browser; downloading and installing the app isn't required
New tech stack.
Better development experience.
For many years, we've relied on our partner agencies to support plentySellers in customising and extending their plentyShops. But we also know that working with plentyShop LTS can be challenging.
To improve the developer experience, plentyShop PWA offers the following benefits:
- A fully functional local dev environment.
- A tech stack that includes Vue 3 and TailwindCSS.
- A component library powered by Vue Storefront UI.
- Comprehensive documentation
browse the docs
Web vitals optimization? Server side rendering?
We've got you covered.
Offer your customers the best online shopping experience with plentyShop PWA. Out of the box, the app provides high performance and a stylish interface.
Need a custom solution? Get in touch with us and we'll connect you to one of our partner agencies.
EVERYTHING A SUCCESSFUL ONLINESHOP NEEDS
at a glance.
Great development experience
- Fully functional right out of the box
- Based on widely used and documented technologies
- Get things done quicker with local development environment and hot reload
- Fully separated front- and backend
- Large library of reusable components
- Standardised workflows allow for easy changes
- Override and change every part of the user experience
Performance and search engine visibility
- Structured data
- Native Server Side Rendering
- PSI and Core Web Vitals optimised
- Supports WebP Images
- Service Workers and caching (soon)
- Automatic sitemap generation (soon)
- Seamless navigation
- Mobile first and fully responsive
- Offline functionality (soon)
- Push-Notifications (soon)
- Supporting guest and user carts
- Fully fledged MyAccount
- Intelligent item search
- Order confirmation page accessible after order
- Returns (soon)
- Customer Reviews (soon)
- Variation Properties
- Order Properties
- Graduated prices
- Input validation
- Payment in advance
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to switch from plentyShop LTS to PWA?
No, the PWA is an alternative product that you can use next to your LTS. You can continue using the LTS for some clients and start using the PWA for others. But the main development focus lies on plentyShop PWA. At the current point of development, it is not possible to customize or configure plentyShop PWA without changing source code. If you are not currently being supported by an agency, the LTS as our self-service product might be the better choice at the moment.
Is plentyShop PWA compatible with ShopBuilder?
The ShopBuilder is currently not compatible with plentyShop PWA, but will be in the future. As this is a very important development, we will spend a longer period of time on the necessary preparations and design decisions.
We are an agency and have a seller that wants to switch to plentyShop PWA. How can we get started?
Please get in touch with email@example.com
What do I need to develop for plentyShop PWA?
Check out our Developers Documentation. It describes all the information on the setup and key concepts of developing for plentyShop PWA.
Can I use an external CMS with plentyShop PWA?
We are currently exploring the possibility of incorporating third-party solutions into our project, but there is not yet a definitive timeline.
Which technologies does plentyShop PWA use?
- Vue Storefront 3
- Nuxt 3
- Vue 3
- Tailwind CSS
How long will it take for plentyShop PWA to have the same features as plentyShop LTS?
We are aiming towards providing as many features as possible, while not just focusing on feature parity exclusively. It is more important to identify the features that our sellers really need and prioritize the ones with bigger impacts.
How does Theming work?
To change the styling and structure, it is currently necessary to change the actual code of the PWA. We are planning on an easy and developer friendly way of extending the PWA. One approach that we will look into is Nuxt.js Layers.
For sellers, we are planning a way to easily apply and test themes from the backend of plentymarkets.
Both are currently in the concept phase, and we expect more concrete results in the middle of 2024.
How can I change the Theme of my PWA
See question “How does Theming work?”
Is there a staging area for the PWA to develop on multiple instances?
You don’t need a staging area for the development of plentyShop PWA. The local development environment can communicate with real systems of plentysystems and can just be copied and worked on as many times as you see fit.
The deployment UI for plentyShop PWA inside plentysystems will allow two simultaneously configured PWA instances per client, but only one can be live at a time.
Get started with plentymarkets now
Test plentymarkets for 30 days for free and discover all the features you need to be successful in e-commerce.